increase to 80 percent 增加到80% （增加到用to）
increase by 60 percent增加了60% （表示增加的幅度用by）
55. Between 1974 and 1997, the number of overseas visitors expanded _A_ 27%.
A by B for C to D in
69. Children who are over-protected by their parents may become _C_.
A hurt B damaged C spoiled D harmed
spoil vt. 宠坏，溺爱
70. When Mr. Jones gets old, he will _B_ over his business to his son.
A take B hand C think D get
take over 接管接收； hand over 移交，交出； think over 仔细考虑； get over 克服，战胜。
41. We had a party last month, and it was a lot of fun, so let’s have _A_ one this month.
A another B more C the other D other
不定代词：1 两者中的一个用one；另一个则用the other； 2 很多东西中的一个用one；
剩下的所有叫the others； 3 很多东西中的一个用one；剩下的所有里面再拿一个叫another；
在剩下的里面再拿一个还叫another（单数概念）； 4 很多东西中拿了若干出来用some；
剩下所有叫others； other 后通常要加可数名词的复数形式； more 要用在数词的后面
once more 再来一个（用于很不正式的场合） vravo 再来一个（用于正式场合）
44. No agreement was reached in the discussion as neither side would give way to _A_.
A the other B any other C another D other
42. It was difficult to guess what her _B_ to the news would be.
A impression B reaction C comment D opinion
reaction n. 反应； reaction to 对…作出反应。
43. I decided to go to the library as soon as I _D_.
A finish what I did B finished what I did
C would finish what I was doing D finished what I was doing
as soon as所引导的时间状语从句与主句的时态搭配有一种情况是主从句都用一般过去时。
45. We are interested in the weather because it _B_ us so directly what we wear, what we do, and even how we feel.
A benefits B affects C guides D effects
affect vt. 影响； effect n. 影响。
46. Will all those _D_ the proposal raise their hands?
A in relation to B in contrast to C in excess of D in favor of
in relation to 与…相比； in contrast to 与…形成对照；
in excess of 超过，超出（一定的限定范围）； in favor of 赞同，支持。
47. Children are very curious _D_.
A at heart B in person C on purpose D by nature
at heart 在心理，在内心； heart 强调的是内心的感情，mind 强调的是思维，头脑，soul 灵魂
in person 亲自，本人； on purpose 有意的，故意的； by nature 生性（天性）使然。
48. The match was cancelled because most of the members _A_ a match without a standard court.
A objected to having B were objected to have
C objected to have D were objected to having
58. The man in the corner confessed to _B_ a lie to the manager of the company.
A have told B having told C being told D be told
confess v. 忏悔； confess to 承认，坦白。
9. The teacher doesn’t permit _C_ in class.
A smoke B to smoke C smoking D to have a smoke
permit v. 允许，准许； permit sb. to do sth. 允许某人做某事； permit doing 允许做某事
Provide a Better Life for Senior Citizens Now we have a growing population of senior citizens. To ensure happy lives for them has become a focus of attention. Our traditiona
Passage Twenty-five (Exploration of the Titanic) After resting on the ocean floor, split asunder and rusting, for nearly three-quarters of a century, a great ship seemed to