41. The bridge was named _A_ the hero who gave his life for the cause of the people.
A after B with C by D from
cause 事业； be named after 以…的名字命名；
42. There were no tickets _D_ for Friday’s performance.
A preferable B considerable C possible D available
preferable adj. 更好的，更可取的；
358. _C_ the Revolutionary War, the United States was an English colony.
A Inferior to B Superior to C Prior to D Preferable to
具有比较意味的形容词只要与介词to搭配即可表示其比较级。 super- 表示在…上方，超过…
inferior adj. 低于…的，劣于…的； superior adj. 高于…的，优于…的； prior adj. 在…之前的
Revolutionary War 特指美国独立战争；second adj. 第二的（含有比较意味，也与to搭配）
He is second to none. 首屈一指，无与伦比；
30. Cancer is second only _B_ heart disease as a cause of death.
A of B to C with D from
43. It wasn't such a good dinner _C_ she had promised us.
A that B which C as D what
such … that … 如此… 以至于… ； sb + be + ___ + sth 空格处应为能加双宾语的动词；
加双宾语的动词的用法：动词 + sb + sth（主动形式）； sb + be + pp + sth（被动形式）；
59. American women were _D_ the right to vote until 1920 after many years of hard struggle. [the right to vote 选举权]
A ignored B neglected C refused D denied
deny v. 否认，拒绝；deny sb sth 拒绝给予某人某物；
44. They decided to chase the cow away _C_ it did more damage.
A unless B until C before D although
45. _B_ student with a little common sense should be able to answer the question.
A Each B Any C Either D One
common sense 常识； each 这个词在英语中强调的是个体与众不同的特点；
any 这个词强调的是很多东西在一起的共性； either 两者之间任何一个；
Provide a Better Life for Senior Citizens Now we have a growing population of senior citizens. To ensure happy lives for them has become a focus of attention. Our traditiona
Passage Twenty-five (Exploration of the Titanic) After resting on the ocean floor, split asunder and rusting, for nearly three-quarters of a century, a great ship seemed to