1. Claiming something is true misses the point , while presenting verifiable fact proves its correctness .
2. Suggesting that one thing ... is better than another thing ... bears no more significance than insinuating that black is better than white .
3. Ignoring cause and effect is exactly the same thing as failing to look both ways when crossing a busy intersection .
4. One who advocates the rights of homosexuals should not be surprised by the belligerent stance of opposition forces .
5. The greatest problem with political and religious zealots is their total inability to consider the views of others .
6. The basic stumbling block to global peace rests with the self-serving ambitions of many nations .
7. The overemphasis on one particular aspect of a problem often obscures the relevance of other issues .
8. Any presumption that smoking is in anyway beneficial is totally preposterous .
9. The fallacies of many arguments are quite obvious .
10. Arbitrarily dismissing the direct link between increasing sexual promiscuity and the rapid spread of sexually transmitted diseases would be foolhardy . An even more foolish mistake would center on denying the need for extensive sex education programs worldwide .