1. Admittedly , ensuring sustainable development will require a certain level of sacrifice and arduous efforts on the part of all people . Nonetheless , the accrued returns will both strengthen the nation and ensure a better life for all Chinese citizens .
2. The rapid emergence of homes for senior citizens represents a sharp divergence from the traditional Chinese practice of maintaining the nuclear family at all costs .
3. Participating in interactive experiences beneficial to all is something that no one should miss . The valuable lessons learned wherefrom should not be arbitrarily dismissed , but should instead be treasured .
4. Abortion advocates may be correct in their assertion that the practice is a necessary tool of population control, but they seem to neglect the preciousness of human life in its earliest stages.
5. Some people assert that nothing is impossible . Such people should get a grip on reality and understand it's impossible to create another Universe . In more down-to-earth terms, it's impossible to know with any certainty whether you will live or die tomorrow.
6 . Two major factors contributed to devastating summer flooding along the Yangtze River and its tributaries. First, erosion resulting from excessive deforestation in the upper reaches of the river and second, heavy silting which raised the riverbed in the main channel.
7. Greed and a total lack of social consciousness have been cited as major reasons for the dramatic rise corruption.
8. There are several reasons for the marked increase in China's crime rate—the dramatic influx of itinerant workers in urban areas ; declining social values ; and widening disparities between the haves and have-nots .
9. Why are an increasing number of elderly Chinese parents living apart from their children? One reason is the increasing upward mobility of the younger generation. Another is expanding social opportunities for the elderly. Perhaps the main reason, however, centers on dramatic changes in traditional concepts.
10. What has sparked the increasing interest in exercise? For one thing, people have gained a greater awareness of the need for physical fitness. For another, the constantly improving standard of living enables Chinese people to patronize the increasing number of recreational venues. The main thing perhaps centers on the healthcare and psychological benefits exercise provides.