1. There has been undesirable trend in recent years towards the worship of money. A recent survey showed that X percent of respondents ranked getting rich as their top priority, compared to X percent only a few years ago. Why do people fail to realize that wealth does not necessarily bring happiness?
2. Some months ago, a friend of mine was killed in a tragic automobile accident involving a drunk driver. The incident was far from rare, and was in fact typical of thousands of cases involving people driving under the influence of alcohol.
3. I recently read a newspaper article on the rampant spread of child abuse. The deplorable problem of the widespread abuse of innocent children has aroused public concern nationwide.
4. Should parents spare the rod and spoil the child? Opinions concerning strict parental discipline vary widely. Some view strict discipline as nothing more than a form of abuse, while others argue it is an essential factor for instilling appropriate social behavior.
5. What do you think of the increasing openness accompanying the ongoing sexual revolution? Do you ever fantasize? Answers to these questions should be based on a determination between appropriate and inappropriate behavior.
6. Why do some governments persist in spending billions of dollars on space exploration when starvation and poverty continue to grip many countries throughout the world? This particular question is being raised by an ever increasing number of people.
7. Judging from the reams of evidence presented, we can safely conclude that the Three Gorges Project will change the lives of an untold number of people forever.
8. The ample evidence presented enables us to reasonably conclude that the scourge of AIDS will be brought under control in the foreseeable future.
9. We must seek immediate solutions for problems leading to the rapid depletion of the earth's ozone layer. If allowed to proceed unchecked, the problem will undoubtedly exacerbate global warming and threaten life as we know it today.
10. Quite obviously, immediate action is needed to extricate 80 million Chinese people from the grips of poverty in order to remove the danger of social unrest and ensure continuing stability.