1. One of the pressing problems facing our nation (China) today is overcoming disparities in urban and rural income levels.
2. One of the most serious problems many people talk about centers on the lack of adequate housing space.
3. Perhaps the most dangerous phenomenon gripping the nation today is official corruption, which is pervasive in all levels of government.
4. Inflation is yet another new and bitter truth we must learn to face.
5. the rapid expansion of urban areas has in many cases encroached on valuable cultivatable land, and led to a general recognition that development must not be carried at the cost of agriculture. The government has attached greater importance to the problem and an increasing number of redundant projects are being terminated.
6. There is a growing worldwide awareness of the need for strengthened environmental protection.
7. There has been a dramatic increase in the spread of HIV/AIDS in recent years, with a new study projecting that the dreaded disease will affect over 30 million people worldwide by the year 2005.
8. Working with the disabled cannot help but leave one impressed with their indefatigable desire.
9. Perhaps no issues are more controversial than euthanasia and abortion, both of which involve taking the life of a human being.
10. Never before in history has the issue of overpopulation been more evident than now.