28：“The rise of multinational corporations is leading to global homogeneity*. Because people everywhere are beginning to want the same products and services, regional differences are rapidly disappearing.”
* Homogeneity: sameness, similarity
1， 首先，前提是错误的。因为各地差异不同，所以全球化的大公司，想在所有地方都提供一样的产品服务是不现实的。empirical evidence: 很多成功的大企业，往往是那些充分认识到不同，从而采用不同的策略的。不能保持完全一致的策略，let alone 更不用说完全一样的产品和服务。比如：KFC等fast food，在中国都针对口味偏好开发了很多新产品。
2， Moreover, 地区差异不会消失，有更深层次的原因on much deeper level。第一，文化的差异，信仰的不同，很难靠产品和服务改变。比如，即使使用最先进的日本Panasonic产的电视，美国人用来传播transmit democratic principles, while中国人可能用来publicize the thoughts of Mao, or Confucius… 第二，习俗的差异，custom。比如，尽管很多年轻人在中国开始celebrate the Valentine’s Day, 但是在所有中国人心中，最重要的节日仍然是Spring Festival。这是什么样的产品都不能改变的。
Homogeneity/ homogeneous/ homogenize/
Difference/ divergence/ deviation/ variance/ disagreement/ conflict
View1: the development of multinational corporations does enhance global unity by bringing the same methods of business administration as well as products and services throughout the world.
Evidence: western fast food bring by global chain express such us McDonald’sand KFC have change our diet habits a lot
View2: however, the effect of multinational corporations is far from eliminating regional deference. The corporations itself is blend in the regional features.
Evidence: Lay’s, one of the most successful multinational food manufacturers, add some flavor of traditional Asian dishes to its potato chips in order to attract foreign customers.
29： “Since science and technology are becoming more and more essential to modern society, schools should devote more time to teaching science and technology and less to teaching the arts and humanities.”
1. 艺术可以使人更好地投入到科学技术的研究中.起到一定的促进作用.For example, recent studies of cognitive development show that studying music at an early age can strengthen a child's later grasp of mathematics. And understanding philosophical concepts has helped scientist recognize their own presuppositions, and frame their central questions more accurately.
3. 单独只有科学技术我们只能找到解决问题的办法。即我只是知道how to do而不知道should we do
.... . This is not to say, however, that ... . To the contrary mathematicians cognitive strengthen grasp philosophical philosophy presupposition presumption premise assumption intellectual inspire dominate predominate autonomous autonomy liberal arts 文科 contemporary
1. 科技十分重要，没有科学技能的人，很难快速容入工作。难以想象一个缺乏基本电脑知识的人，如何在一个corporation in which most of the daily affairs are dealt with the aid of computer里很好地完成工作！所以，学校有责任培养学生的IT技能。
2. 但是，不代表学校应该忽视艺术人文的教育。众所周知，艺术人文起到启迪思想provide people with gracious spirit. 引导人们意识到人性中的固有美德：。。。举例：科学技术是人们生存发展的工具，但同时，如果没有美德，则可能变成危险的武器。比如nuclear weapons; heroin is made by people with standard chemistry knowledge…（with the guide of virtue, science can be the best servant of human; however, on the other hand, without such guide, it can become the most dangerous weapon.
3. false dilemma. The speaker falsely put the school in a dilemma by suggesting the teaching of science and that of arts are mutually exclusive. 完全可以把两者结合起来。
Because scient View1: primarily and secondary school, whose main function is to teach general knowledge and more important, to shape healthy personality, should place at least as much attention on the arts and humanities as they do on science and technology
View2: Contrarily, university and college should devoted more time on teaching science and technology as they are becoming more and more essential to our modern society. However, it dose not mean the Arts and humanities is not important and the time devoted to it should be decreased. Universities can increase the teaching hour on science and technology by ways such as employ more professors and open more available classroom to provide more courses at the same time.
View3: science and technology are becoming more and more important, yet, we still can not underestimate the importance of the arts and humanities.
Learning form predecessors’ experience and great personalities can lead to great efforts devoted to work and thus better performance. Science and technology tell us who to do, but humanities tell us what should to