Here is a list of few April Fool’s Day prank ideas to fool your friends. Some of them are very old and yet effective.
What is your favorite April Fool’s Day prank?
Take a screen-shot of the desktop and set it as their desktop background image. Disable the top/bottom panels on their desktop to make this static desktop image looks like a real desktop.
- Install blue screen of death screen-saver on their Windows machine.
- Change the language on their cellphone to some other language they don’t know. It is hard to figure out how to switch back if you don’t understand what it says on the display.
- Create a new alias for a most frequently used command. For e.g, a simple alias ls=’pwd’ would go a long way to create some confusion.
- Change one of their frequently used short-cut to point to a different program.
- Pick one of the fake products from thinkgeek and ask your friend to check it out.
- Tell your friend about the BMW instant messaging technology.
- Ask your friend to check out this awesome Google job. More Google’s hoaxes.
- Tell them about cellphone implant surgery.
- Attach the wireless mouse base station to their computer when they are not around. Later, confuse them by using the wireless mouse without their knowledge.
- Attach a scotch tape to the back of their wireless mouse to cover the optical light area. Use a black marker to color the non-sticky side of the scotch tape for maximum effectiveness.
- Install VNC software on their system and control it remotely to watch them go crazy.
- Change the mouse button behaviour. i.e right to left and left to right.
- Modify the autocorrect functionality in MS-Word or Openoffice for few common words to something funny.
- Add “127.0.0.1 gmail.com” to the hosts file. Replace gmail.com with any of their favorite website.
- April Fool’s Day page on wikipedia has listed several additional pranks.
2011-03-29 15:58 编辑：红木梳子