16. on account of (=because of) 由于,因为.
17. on no account(=in no case, for no reason)绝不要,无论如何不要(放句首时句 子要倒装)
18. accuse…of…(=charge…with; blame sb. for sth. ; blame sth. on sb. ; complain about) 指控,控告
19. be accustomed to (=be in the habit of, be used to)习惯于.
20. be acquainted with(=to have knowledge of) 了解; (=to have met socially ) 熟悉
21. act on 奉行,按照…行动; act as 扮演; act for 代理
22. adapt oneself to(=adjust oneself to) 使自己适应于
23. adapt…(for) (=make sth. Suitable for a new need) 改编, 改写(以适应新的需要)
24. in addition (=besides) 此外, 又, 加之
25. in addition to(=as well as, besides, other than)除…外
26. adhere to (=abide by, conform to, comply with, cling to, insist on, pe rsist in, observe, opinion, belief ) 粘附; 坚持, 遵循
27. adjacent(=next to, close to) 毗邻的, 临近的
28. adjust..(to) (=change slightly)调节; 适应;
29. admit of (=be capable of, leave room for) …的可能，留有…的余地.
30. in advance (before in time) 预告, 事先.
Provide a Better Life for Senior Citizens Now we have a growing population of senior citizens. To ensure happy lives for them has become a focus of attention. Our traditiona
Passage Twenty-five (Exploration of the Titanic) After resting on the ocean floor, split asunder and rusting, for nearly three-quarters of a century, a great ship seemed to