The way you dance can reveal information about your personality, scientists have found.
It is where many couples first set eyes on one another—and now research suggests that the dance floor is the perfect place to gauge a prospective partner’s personality. Scientists have claimed that the way a person gyrates in time to music can betray secrets of their character. Using personality tests, the researchers assessed volunteers into one of five “types”. They then observed how each members of each group danced to different kinds of music. They found that:
* Extroverts moved their bodies around most on the dance floor, often with energetic and exaggerated movements of their head and arms.
* Neurotic individuals danced with sharp, jerky movements of their hands and feet.
* Agreeable personalities tended to have smoother dancing styles, making use of the dance floor by moving side to side while swinging their hands.
* Open-minded people tended to make rhythmic up-and-down movements, and did not move around as much as most of the others.
* People who were conscientious or dutiful moved around the dance floor a lot, and also moved their hands over larger distances than other dancers.
Dr Geoff Luck of the University of Jyvaskyla in Finland, who led the research, said: “Music is known to evoke strong emotions in people and emotions can be expressed through bodily movement. People use body motions as reliable indicators of others’ personality types, and even the movements of robots have been shown to elicit attributes of ‘personality’ by observers.”
set eyes on 看，看见
dance floor 舞池
Everyone has got two personalities-the one that is shown to the world and the other that is secret and real. You don't show your secret personality when you're awake because you ca
10 ways parents can promote tolerance:1. Talk about tolerance. Tolerance education is an ongoing process; it cannot be captured in a single moment. Be willing to talk about differe