1. It was during ____ reign that the name Great Britain came into being.
A Mary's B Anne's C Jame II's D Oliver Cromwell
2.Where is Edinburgh?
A In Wales B In Scotland C In Northern Ireland D In Ireland
3. One of the most famous national parks in the U.S. is the ____
A Yellowstone National Park B Hyde Park
C Kakadu National Park D American Fishing Center
4. New Zealand is just west of the International Date Line, so it is the first country to get ____
A frozen B wet C the new day D united
5. Mr.Darcy is a character in ____
A Tess of the D'Urbervilles B Pride and Prejudice C Happy Prince D The Mill on the Floss
6. Lyrical Ballads is the joint work between Wordsworth and his friend____
A Coleridge B Bryon C Keats D Shelly
7.____is the representative work of the Jazz Age
A The Great Gatsby B On the Road C Look Back in Anger D The Sun Also Rises
8. The distinction of langue and parole is made by ____
A Hall B Sapir C Chomsky D Saussure
9. ____examines how meaning is encoded in a language.
A Semantics B Syntax C Pragmatics D Morphology
10.The sentence “I apologize!” belongs to the category of ____according to the speech act theory.
A. expressive B performative C representative D constative
Joy and sadness are experienced by people in all cultures around the world, but how can we tell when other people are happy or despondent? It turns out that the expression of many
"When people succeed, it is because of hard work, Luck has nothing to do with success." Do you agree or disagree with the quotation above? Use specific and examples to explain your