1. Christmas is usually connected to ____
A the reunion of a large family B the eating of Easter eggs
C the resurrection of Christ D the forgiving of other’s sins
2. The largest of the ethnic minorities in America is ____
A the blacks B the Mexico-Americans
C the Spanish-Americans D the Chinese
3. The British establish ____colonies along the east coast of North American between 16.7 and 1733.
A. 11 B 12 C13 D14
4. The largest university in Canada is ____
A Laval University B The University of Toronto
C McGill University D Simon Fraser University
5. Robinson Crusoe is written by ____
A Henry Fielding B Daniel Defoe C Samuel Richardson D Jonathan Swift
6. ____is written by Walt Whitman.
A Representative Men B English Traits C Nature D Leaves of Grass
7. ____is not a novelist.
A Henry James B Emily Dickinson C William Dean Howells D Mark Twain
8. ____is not one of the core branches of linguistics.
A Phonology B Psycho-linguistics C Syntax D Semantics
9. ____ is the common factor of the three sounds:[p], [t], [k]
A voiceless B spread C voiced D nasal
10. English consonants can be classified into stops, fricatives, nasals, etc, in terms of ____
A manner of articulation B openness of mouth
C place of articulation D voicing
Joy and sadness are experienced by people in all cultures around the world, but how can we tell when other people are happy or despondent? It turns out that the expression of many
"When people succeed, it is because of hard work, Luck has nothing to do with success." Do you agree or disagree with the quotation above? Use specific and examples to explain your