1. Which of the following statements is NOT true about the Prime Minister in Britain?
A He is appointed by the Queen B He is Minister for the Civil Service
C He sits in the House of Commons D He is elected every four years
2. Which of the following is NOT in the east part of U.S.A?
A Massachusetts B Marine C North Carolina D Louisiana
3. China and America established diplomatic relations in January____
A 1972 B 1976 C 1978 D1979
4. .Rock-and-roll in the early 1960s in the United States was music for ____.
A teenagers B black audience C white adult audience D people of all ages
5. George Gordon Bylon was famous for the following works EXCEPT ____.
A Child Harold’s Pilgrimage B Queen Mab
C Hours of Idleness D Don Juan
6.____ is D.H Lawrence's semi-autographical novel.
A Sons and Lovers B Women in Love C Rainbow D Lady Chatterley's lover
7.Which of the following is NOT true for Ralph Waldo Emerson?
A A great thinker B A famous novelist C A well-known essayist D A poet
8.-receive in perceive and conceive is ___
A a prefix B an infix C a suffix D a bound morpheme
9.Syntax is the study of the formation of ____
A words B sentences C utterance D discourse
10. The critical period for first language acquisition is believed to be between the age of ____
A 18 months and 4 years B 6 months and 18 month
C 4 years and 16 years D 18 months and 16 years
Joy and sadness are experienced by people in all cultures around the world, but how can we tell when other people are happy or despondent? It turns out that the expression of many
"When people succeed, it is because of hard work, Luck has nothing to do with success." Do you agree or disagree with the quotation above? Use specific and examples to explain your