4. Career development: the importance of being willing to acquire new skills throughout your career
With the unceasing development of science and technology the workplace is now undertaking profound changes. The way you do your work and the equipment you use in your work will definitely change or upgrade in the future, which means you have to learn new skills to deal with these changes. Remember: you are never too old to learn. New skills will make you keep up with the latest technology and help develop yourself throughout your work life.
5. International sales: how to research foreign markets effectively
You should notice the difference between foreign and domestic market and set your target according to specific situation of foreign market. For example: given the different state of living standard the purchasing power of your target market may be higher or lower than the domestic market. If you ignore the difference you are likely to make mistakes in products’ pricing in foreign market.
You should ensure that your research team is excellent at carrying out research in a foreign country. That means every member of the team should mater the native language and be familiar with the specific culture of the target market.
6. Production management: how to implement an effective just-in-time system
What is a JIT production system?
- JIT is an approach to achieving excellence in a manufacturing company based on the continuing elimination of waste (waste being considered as those things that do not add value to the product).
- A repetitive production system in which both the movement of goods during production, and deliveries from suppliers, are carefully timed so that at each step of the process, the next (usually small) batch arrives for processing just as needed.
- The logic behind JIT: Nothing will be produced until it is needed.
7. Travel: the importance of being able to speak foreign languages in international business
8. Marketing: how to assess whether there is a market for a new product
You should carry out a research on the customer demands to see if there is a read need in the market for your new product. The feedback or result will help you to decide whether to launch the new product on the market.
You should pay special attention to your competitors. Detect whether they are going to launch their new product onto the market. if the answer if yes that probably means there is a demand in the market for some new product. Then be quick and put on your rival product to coincide with them.
9. Human resources: how to use staff appraisal schemes
You should see to it that the staff appraisal schemes be a chance for management and employees to come together and exchange ideas, set joint targets and improve the way decisions are reached.
The scheme should have a clear appeal process and any negative feedback should be accompanied by evidence such as dates, times and outcomes. Most importantly ratings should reflect measurable element of the job requirements.
2010-08-27 16:39 编辑：juliatt