Read the following text.Choose the best word（s） for each numbered blank and mark A, B, C or D on ANSWER SHEET 1.（ 10 points ）
Health implies more than physical fitness. It also implies mental and emotional well-being. An angry, frustrated, emotionally 1 person in good physical condition is not 2 healthy. Mental health, therefore, has much to do 3 how a person copes with the world as she/he exists. Many of the factors that 4 physical health also affect mental and emotional well-being.
Having a good self-image means that people have positive 5 pictures and good, positive feelings about themselves, about what they are capable 6, and about the roles they play. People with good self-images like themselves, and they are 7 like others. Having a good self-image is based 8 a realistic 9 of one's own worth and value and capabilities.
Stress is an unavoidable, necessary, and potentially healthful 10 of our society. People of all ages 11 stress. Children begin to 12 stress during prenatal development and during childbirth. Examples of stress inducing 13 in the life of a young person are death of a pet, pressure to 14 academically, the divorce of parents, or joining a new youth group. The different ways in which individuals 15 to stress may bring healthful or unhealthy results. One person experiencing a great deal of stress may function exceptionally well 16 another may be unable to function at all. If stressful situations are continually encountered, the individual's physical, social, and mental health are eventually affected.
Satisfying social relations are vital to 17 mental and emotional health. It is believed that in order to 18, develop, and maintain effective and fulfilling social relationships people must 19 the ability to know and trust each other, understand each other, influence, and help each other. They must also be capable of 20 conflicts in a constructive way.
1. A. unstable B. unsure C. imprecise D. impractical
2. A. normally B. generally C. virtually D. necessarily
3. A. on B. at C. to D. with
4. A. signify B. influence C. predict D. mark
5. A. intellectual B. sensual C. spiritual D. mental
6. A. to be doing B. with doing C. to do D. of doing
7. A. able better to B. able to better C. better to able D. better able to
8. A. on B. from C. at D. about
9. A. assessment B. decision C. determination D. assistance
10. A. ideality B. realization C. realism D. reality
11. A. occur B. engage C. confront D. encounter
12. A. tolerate B. sustain C. experience D. undertake
13. A. evidence B. accidents C. adventures D. events
14. A. acquire B. achieve C. obtain D. fulfil
15. A. respond B. return C. retort D. reply
16. A. why B. when C. while D. where
17. A. sound B. all?round C. entire D. whole
18. A. illuminate B. enunciate C. enumerate D. initiate
19. A. access B. assess C. process D. possess
20. A. resolving B. saluting C. desolving D. solving
Section Ⅰ Use of EnglishDirections:Read the following text. Choose the best word(s) for each numbered blank and mark A, B, C or D on ANSWER SHEET 1. (10 points)There is growin
WRITING PART ONE You work for a company which is going to buy a set of equipment from China. You are asked to translate a lot of specifications and instructions within