1. W: It's a pity you missed the concert yesterday evening. It was wonderful.
M: I didn't want to miss the football game. Well, I'm not a classical music fan anyway
Q: What do we learn from the conversation?
2. W: Hey, if you can't enjoy that at a sensible volume, please use earphones. I'm trying to study.
M: Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't realize it was bothering you.
Q: What is the man probably doing?
注：1. volume 音量
2. earphones 耳机
3. M: Can I help you, Ms?
W: Yes, I bought this telephone last week. And it works all right with out-going calls, but it doesn’t ring for the in- coming ones.
Q: What's the problem with the woman's telephone?
4. W: I thought Tom said he got As in all his tests.
M: Mary, you should know better than to take Tom's words too seriously.
Q: What does the man imply?
注：1. got As/ got straight As/ got As in a row
2. know better than to do 不至于傻到这样做吧
5. W: Can you show me how to use this, John?
M: It's fully automatic. All you have to do is focus on the scene and press the button here.
Q: What are they talking about?
注：1. focus on 聚焦
2. button 按钮
6. M: I think we should move on to the next item.
W: OK, but I'd like to take this matter up again at the end of the meeting.
Q: What does the woman imply?
注：take sth. up 提起，谈及
7. W: You know, the Browns have invested all their money in stocks.
M: They may think that's a wise move. But that's the last thing I'd do.
Q: What's the man's opinion about the Browns' investment?
注：the last thing 表极端的厌恶，选项中找否定。
A) He is often asked to go and see exhibits.
B) He would like to go and see the exhibit.
C) He went to see the exhibit last year.D) He definitely does not want to go.
Passage Twenty-five (Exploration of the Titanic) After resting on the ocean floor, split asunder and rusting, for nearly three-quarters of a century, a great ship seemed to
Passage Twenty-seven (Analysis and Interpretation of the News) The newspaper must provide for the reader the facts, unalloyed, unslanted, objectively selected facts. But in