Questions 11 to 13 are based on the passage you have just heard.
11. What' s mentioned as a consideration in buying a dog?
12. Why does the speaker say a dog is a more demanding pet than a cat?
13. Why is it advised to buy baby dogs under three months old?
注：1. demanding 苛求的
2. consequently = so 因此
17. A) More jobs could be provided than before.
B) More people could be educated than before.
C) More books could be printed and distributed.
D) More ways could be used to exchange knowledge.
18. A) Around 1400.
B) Around 1900.
C) Around 400.
D) Around 900.
20. A) More and more paper is being consumed nowadays.
B) Paper enables people to receive education more easily.
C) The invention of paper is of great significance to man.D) Paper contributes a lot to the keeping of historical records.
Passage Twenty-five (Exploration of the Titanic) After resting on the ocean floor, split asunder and rusting, for nearly three-quarters of a century, a great ship seemed to
Passage Twenty-seven (Analysis and Interpretation of the News) The newspaper must provide for the reader the facts, unalloyed, unslanted, objectively selected facts. But in