12. The mad man was put in the soft-padded cell lest he ______________(伤害自己).
13.Jean did not have time to go to the concert last night because she was_______________(忙着准备) her examination.
16．By the time you get to New York, I____________(已经动身去) London.
18. It’s time_____________________(采取措施) about the traffic problem downtown.
20. Please don’t stand in the kitchen, you’re________________（挡路了）.
21．There was a knock at the door. It was the second time someone ____________(打扰我) that evening.
22._____________________(正是由于她太没有经验) that she does not know how to deal with the situation.
12. injure himself
13. busy preparing for
14. had to be operated manually
15. needn’t have borrowed it from the bank.
16. shall have left for
17. is often a very time-consuming job
18. something was done/some measures were taken
19. overcame it/got over it
20. in the way
21. had interrupted me
22. it is because she is too inexperienced