1. Obviously he was _______ by the shop owner when she was shopping in that store.
A. supposed B. supplemented C. swept D. cheated
2. The report mentioned that some important people had attended the closing ________.
A. surgeon B. suspicion C. ceremony D. target
3. The blood _______ in the body and provides what the body needs.
A. swells B. circulates C. tastes D. tempted
4. His explanation has _________ this mystery and helped us to understand better.
A. surveyed B. clarified C. surrendered D. torn
5. Many job _____ will be opened up in the future for those with a university education
A. opportunities B. necessities C. realities D. occurrences
6. The earthquake in the past ten years caused many buildings to _______.
A. collapse B. terrify C. tend D. threaten
7. My __________ will fully support my plan in building the dam there.
A. threats B. treatments C. triangles D. colleagues
8. His poor health __________ him to resign from his job.
A. compelled B. treasured C. transplanted D. trimmed
9. The bus ___________ with the truck on the highway last night.
A. united B. undertook C. vanished D. collided
10. The city is __________of three sections, which are separated by rivers.
A. upset B. valued C. composed D. ventured
11. The firms are not allowed to set up any trade ________ among them.
A. barrier B. blame C. benefit D. duty
12. The street was ____________ by the police for fear that there was a bomb.
A. deceived B. delivered C. damaged D. blocked
13. The economy in this city was _______ by the new investment from abroad.
A. cancelled B. boomed C. buried D. crowded
14. On _______ of the school, I’d like to welcome you all.
A. behalf B. dairy C. decade D. delight
15. He is a ______ boy because he was not afraid of fighting with the bad man.
A. damp B. delicate C. cruel D. bold
16. There used to be an old city here, which was _______ under the river about 2000 years ago.
A. insulted B. insulated C. buried D. interrupted
17. The trip to the west has been ________ due to the lack of the funds.
A. insisted B. canceled C. infected D. inferred
18. What he suggested will be ___________ to your plan.
A. infinite B. intimate C. inflexible D. beneficial
19. His birthday was ________ in a big hotel and attended by about 200 people.
A. inspected B. installed C. celebrated D. interfered
20. The windy weather is _____________ of this city in spring.
A. supreme B. characteristic C. suspicious D. sympathetic
1 题：答案为D。suppose 假设；supplement 补充；sweep 扫地；cheat 欺骗。
2 题：答案为C。surgeon 外科；suspicion 怀疑；ceremony 仪式；target 预算。
3 题：答案为B。swell 膨胀；circulate 循环；taste 品尝；tempted 引诱。
4 题：答案为B。survey 调查；clarify 澄清；surrender 投降；torn 斯裂。
5 题：答案为A。opportunities 机会；necessities 必需品；reality 真实，现实；occurrences 发生。
6 题：答案为A。collapse 崩塌；terrify 使害怕；tend 趋势；threaten 危险。
7 题：答案为D。threat 威胁；treatment 对待；triangle 三角；colleagues 同事。
8 题：答案为A。compel 迫使；treasure 珍惜；transplanted 移植；trim 修剪。
9 题：答案为D。unite 团结；undertake 承担；vanish 消失；collide 与相撞。
10 题：答案为C。upset 沮丧；value 珍视；compose 由组成；venture 冒险。
11 题：答案为A。barrier 壁障；blame 指责；benefit 受益；duty 责任。
12 题：答案为D。deceive 欺骗；deliver 送；damage 损坏；blocked 阻塞；封锁。
13 题：答案为B。cancel 撤消；boom 繁荣；bury 埋；crowd 使拥挤。
14 题：答案为A。behalf 代表；dairy 牛奶场；decade 十年；delight 高兴。
15 题：答案为D。damp 潮湿的；delicate 娇气；cruel 冷酷的；bold 勇敢的。
16 题：答案为C。insult 侮辱；insulate 绝缘；bury 埋；interrupt 打断。
17 题：答案为B。insist 坚持；cancel 取消；infect 感染；infer 暗示。
18 题：答案为D。beneficial 有益的。
19 题：答案为C。inspect 调查；install 安装；celebrate 庆祝；interfere 干涉。
20 题：答案为C。supreme 最高的；characteristic 特有的；suspicious 怀疑的；sympathetic 同情的。