1.The young people are _____ of their responsibility toward society.
A) consistentB) consciousC) sensitiveD) reliable
2. The problem with your conduct is that what you do is not _____ with what you say.
A) consistentB) continuousC) considerateD) continual
3. She was so _____ with her job that she didn't hear someone knocking at the door.
A) attractedB) drawnC) occupiedD) concentrated
4. Professor Taylor's talk has indicated that science has a very strong _____ on the everyday life of the human society.
A) motivationB) perspectiveC) impressionD) impact
5. When she was criticized, she claimed that it was outside her _____ of responsibility.
A) fieldB) limitC) extentD) range
6. The world is trying every means to _____ thefriendship between the two countries.
A) raiseB) promoteC) ariseD) protest
7. Although not an economist himself, Dr. Smith has long been a severe critic of the government's _____ policies.
A) economicalB) economyC) economicD) economics
8. His constant _____ with his peers has left its mark on his growth.
A) consentB) contractC) contextD) contact
9. _____ with his new teaching method, we need to take a critical look at our traditional ones.
A) CursedB) DepressedC) ImpressedD) Fed up
10. So clear was his _____ of the case that others had no more to say.
A) attitudeB) presentationC) commentD) remark
11. When business is in _____, there is usually an obvious increase in unemployment.
A) convictionB) relaxationC) depressionD) competition
12. Don’t take any action until you are fully_____ with the situation there.
A) consentedB) contentC) obviousD) acquainted
13. It is said that the math teacher seems _____ towards bright students.
A) liableB) partialC) beneficialD) preferable
14. The clothes a person wears may express his __D__ or social position.
A) estateB) statureC) esteemD) status
15. _____ with antique furniture, the castle brought us back in time to the Middle Ages.
A) OrnamentedB) CoveredC) ImpressedD) Improved
16. One rainy night the policeman had a chance _____ with a gang of smugglers.
A) acquaintanceB) encounterC) accountD) interview
17. Newspapers vary greatly in their _____ to the government.
A) attitudesB) commentsC) viewsD) opinions
18. A defect of vision prevents him from __ ___ his eyes accurately on an object.
A) emphasizingB) relaxingC) focusingD) achieving
19. In most cases, the _____ of a person who sits on a pin is to leap into the air.
A) reactionB) behaviorC) functionD) instance
20. Rich as they were in forms, the speaker’s_____ seemed unrelated to his speech.
A) signsB) gestureC) symptomsD) symbols
21. He built the team through both hardtraining and _____ discipline.
A) looseB) physicalC) rigidD) slack
22. We were depressed _____ the bad news.
A) atB) inC) forD) on
23. She was delighted in _____ of friends and relatives.
A) accommodationB) entertainment C) convictionD) commitment
24. The days when he was _____ his best is already a thing of the past.
A) inB) onC) withD) at
25. Some people are not willing to _____responsibility for the errors they made.
A) ensureB) assureC) assumeD) resume
26. I speak in full _____ that our cause is just.
A) conclusionB) assumptionC) convictionD) determination
27. Animals can become unusually _____when they are upset by a sudden environment change.
A) puzzlingB) dominantC) aggressiveD) vigorous
28. Try to _____ your mind into the future and imagine what life will be like then.
A) subjectB) objectC) projectD) reject
29. The boy felt so angry at the girl’s dominance that he could remain _____ no longer.
A) positiveB) passiveC) optimisticD) pessimistic
30. Computer software _____ some 70 percent of our range of products.
A) picks upB) focuses onC) accounts forD) is based on