1. On the conference, representatives from different countries _________ different viewpoints on this international issue.
A) put outB) put offC) put forthD) put down
2. The _____ of the seasons has long been observed by people in all parts of the world.
A) rhythmB) regulationC) clickD) identity
3. Our research has focused on a drug which is so _____ as to be able to change brain chemistry.
A) influentialB) monstrousC) vigorousD) powerful
4. The footballer made a(n) _____ gesture, which made the audience’s blood boil.
A) immatureB) offeringC) offensiveD) hesitative
5. However, at times this balance in nature is ____, resulting in a number of possible unforeseen effects.
A) troubledB) disturbedC) confusedD) disgusted
6. As he was unaware of the complexity of this problem, his choice was quite ____.
A) rationalB) arbitraryC) mechanicalD) unpredictable
7. Tax cuts are the most important _____ the government has for stimulating the economy.
A) instructionB) equipmentC) instrumentD) stuff
8. Spitting on the ground is not only ______but also harmful to others’ health.
A) shamingB) bangingC) grabbingD) disgusting
9. The residents here complain that they have been intensely _____ by the endless noises from the building sites for weeks.
A) annoyedB) piercedC) wrappedD) destroyed
10. The news made many students ______ that many universities still bind the issue of diploma with their CET4 results.
A) awfulB) upsetC) tunelessD) lucky
11. It is not surprising that in modern times the _______ in this month may be out of date in next.
A) fashionB) anchorC)sectionD) brow
12. The idea of winning the eyes of the people around ____ powerfully to some youngsters, so they are eagerly identifying themselves.
A) sticksB) holdsC) attractD) appeals
13. We are expecting to see that the concerted research work will come up with a _____ solution to the problem.
A) permanentB) perspectiveC) persistentD) persuasive
14. He made ______ alterations to his house andthen sold it at a huge profit.
A) offensiveB) horribleC) radicalC) patient
15. Although there is no easy cure for this fatal disease atpresent, some of its causes have been ______by experts.
A) rebelledB) distractedC) boltedD) identified
16. A positive answer makes you feel good, but a(n) ______ one teaches you a lot.
A) affirmativeB) negativeC) offensiveD) tuneless
17. At the early stage of a child’s development, the family tends to have a greater _____ on him than his school.
A) instrumentB) identityC) communicationD) influence
18. Mr. Henderson was determined to remain _____. He neither stood on his wife’s side nor on his mother’s side.
A) naturalB) neutral C) nervousD) native
19. It is a common practice in western countries that one must make a(n) _____ before seeing his doctor or visiting a friend.
A) offerB) appointmentC) make upD) toast
20. When she was told that her cat was killed by the neighbor’s dog, the old lady _____ tears.
A) reached forB) bolted outC) burst intoD) turn on
21.Writing is a slow process, requiring ____ thought, time and effort.
A) significantB) considerableC) greatD) numerous
22. Thank you for applying for a position with our firm. We do not have any openings at this time, but we shall keep your application on ____ for two months.
A) pileB portionC) sequenceD) file
23. Only a selected number of landladies in theneighbourhood have been allowed by the university to take in _____.
A) residentsB) inhabitants C) lodgersD) settlers
24.During the conference the speaker tried to _____to them his feelings concerning the urgency of a favorable decision.
A) complyB) imposeC) implyD) convey
25. He ____ his control by making his students quiet.
A) assessedB) assertedC) acquiredD) monitored
26. If you want to get into that tunnel, you firsthave to ____ away all the rocks.
A) repelB) pullC) transferD) dispose
27. Do you believe these two ____ friends used to be bitter enemies?
A) intimateB) emotionalC) intenseD) supreme
28. Although most dreams apparently happen______, dream activity may be provoked by external influences.
A) spontaneously B) simultaneously C) homogeneously D)instantaneously
29. According to the instructions we received,we cannot accept photocopies(复印件), but need the ___
A) sourceB) resourcesC) originD) original
30. _____ the popular belief that classicalmusic is too complex, it achieves a simplicity that only a genius can create.
A) SubjecttoB) Contrary toC) Familiar toD) Similar to