1. The____amongst the world’s scientists is that the world is likely to warm up over the next few decades.
2. The destruction of the mosque has____anger throughout the Muslim world.
3. The country was on the____of becoming prosperous and successful.
4. He divided up his property and gave a____to each of his children.
5. When he heard that he had lost all the money he possessed in stock market, the iron entered into his____ .
1. 【B】consent: permission to do something or an agreement about something
consensus: an opinion that everyone in a group agrees with or accepts
conscience: the part of your mind that tells you whether what you are doing is morally right or wrong
consciousness: your mind and your thoughts
2. 【A】provoke: to cause a reaction or feeling, especially a sudden one
irritate: to make someone feel annoyed or impatient, especially by doing something many times or for a long period of time
inspire: to encourage someone by making them feel confident and eager to do something
hoist: to raise, lift, or pull up something, especially using ropes
3. 【B】be on the verge of something: to be at the point where something is about to happen
margin: the empty space at the side of a page
border: the official line that separates two countries, states, or areas, or the area close to this line
fringe: (Br.E)if you have a fringe, your hair is cut so that it hangs down over your forehead(“bangs” for Am.E)
4. 【D】ration: a fixed amount of something that people are allowed to have when there is not enough, for example during a war
allocation: the amount or share of something that has been allocated for a particular purpose
quota: an official limit on the number or amount of something that is allowed in a particular period
portion: a part of something larger, especially a part that is different from the other parts
5. 【C】the iron entered into one’s soul 心如刀绞