A must have rained
B must be raining
C must rain
D had rained
2. If you are required to do some work, it must be done__.
A sooner or later
B after all others
C at last
D in the long term
3. Nuclear science should be developed to benefit the people__ harm them.
A more than
B other than
C rather than
D better than
4. I’m going to __ my old bicycle and buy a new one.
A get away with
B get rid of
C get out of
D clear out
5. He suggested__ to tomorrow’s exhibition together.
A us to go
B we must
C we shall go
D we go
1. 选A。must have done用来表示对过去某动作的肯定猜测，如He must have been to England for he knows so much about that country.
2. 选A. sooner or later 迟早Coal will be exhausted sooner or later.
at last 终于，最终We finished the work at last.
In the long run 最终地，终极地，It pays in the long run to buy goods of high quality.
3. 选C rather than 而不是These shoes are comfortable rather than pretty.
More than多于，超过 I admire and respect you more than I can say.
Other than 不同于，非The truth is quite other than what you think.
Better than优于 The yield this year was better than that in any normal year.
4. 选B get away with摆脱惩罚，不受批评 Those who lie and cheat will never get away with it. Get rid of 摆脱，除去We can’t get rid of war unless we get rid of the causes of war.
Get out of逃避，回避 He attempted to get out of giving a direct answer.
Clear out拿走，清除 They are busy clearing out the drains.
5. 选D在与 desire, insist, intend, order, plan, propose, recommend, request, require, suggest 等动词相关的名词性从句中，位于动词要使用虚拟语气，其构成形式为should+v,而should 可省略。He suggested that a meeting be held to discuss the matter.或 He suggested that we finish our homework before watching TV.
Suggest后面不可以接复合宾语，但可以接动名词或动名词的复合结构，如She suggested going out for a walk.或The teacher suggested Tom doing the job.