A put on
B turned on
C brought on
D took on
2. The branches could hardly__ the weight of the fruit.
3. Our house is about a mile from the station and there are not many houses__.
A in between
B among them
C far apart
D from each other
4. That’s a nice watch. I wish I__ one like it.
C have had
D can have
5. I am not used___ to like that.
A to being spoken
B to speak
C being spoken
D to speaking
1. 选D。put on穿上，装出……的样子，增加 Go and put on more clothes, otherwise you’ll catch a cold.
turn on打开，攻击 Then you run in some water and turn on the current.
Bring on引起，求助于 The fine weather is bringing on the crops nicely.
Take on 承担，从事 He is ready to take on heavy responsibilities.
2. 选B。sustain 支撑，撑住 Will this light shelf sustain the weight of all these books?
Retain保持，保留 I hope you can always retain your youthful vitality.
Maintain维持，保持，继续The improvement in his health is being maintained.
Remain剩余，余留Nothing remained of the house.
3. in between，在中间，在两者之间 He is neither clever or silly, he’s somewhere in between. Among, 是介词，后必须跟宾语，“在……之中，在……之间”，指三个以上That book is the best among modern novels. Far apart Tom and Mike are brothers but their birthdays are far apart.相隔，相距很远；一般做表语，很少做状语Tom and Mike are brothers but their birthdays are far apart.
Each other相互，彼此They sat for two hours without talking to each other.
4. wish后跟宾语匆遽，从句使用过去完成时，表示对过去的虚拟；使用一般过去时，是对现在的虚拟，使用 would (should)+v表示一种委婉，比较客气的请求，如I wish we had been traveling yesterday when the weather was so fine. 或I wish the sun were shinning at the moment.或 I wish he would come tomorrow and we could have a good time together.
5. be used to固定搭配，表“习惯于……”to 是介词，后接名词或动名词，而且不能省略He is used to getting up early in the morning. Speak to to