2. This has tested our marriage, and we have___it stronger than ever.
A. Come through
B. Looked into
C. Made over
D. Seen to
3. His___attempts to complain to his superior were blocked and ignored.
4. He could tell ___what was wrong with the car.
A. On view
B. At a glance
C. On the scene
D. In sight
5. He has___himself to his work and become just a writing machine.
1. 【D】gentle: mild; kind; careful; not rough, violent or severe
Subtle: not easy to detect or describe; fine; delicate
feeble: weak; faint
humble: (of a person or his words or actions) having or showing a low or modest opinion of one's own importance; not proud
in my humble opinion：spoken used humorously to give your opinion about something
2. 【A】come through: To come through a dangerous or difficult situation means to survive it and recover from it.
Look into: If a person or organization is looking into a possible course of action, a problem, or a situation, they are finding out about it and examining the facts relating to it.
Make over: If you make something over to someone, you legally transfer the ownership of it to them.
See to: If you see to something that needs attention, you deal with it.
3. 【B】proficient: doing or able to do sth in a skilled or an expert way because of training and practice
Persistent: determined to do sth in spite of difficulties, especially when other people are against you and think that you are being annoying or unreasonable
Consistent: always keeping to the same pattern or style; unchanging
Sufficient: enough for a particular purpose; as much as you need
4. 【B】on view: 陈列着，展览着;
At a glance: 看一眼，一眼就
On the scene: 在场
In sight: 看得见
5. 【A】dedicate: ~ oneself/sth to sth give or devote (oneself, time, effort, etc) to(a noble cause or purpose)
Dictate: ~ sth (to sb) state or order sth with the force of authority
Decorate: make sth (more) beautiful by adding ornaments to it
Direct: tell or show sb how to get somewhere