2. The qualities of my hometown,___on me as a boy, had a profound effect on the philosophy that directed my career.
A. Having impressed
D. To be impressed
3. The___has remained predominantly rural in appearance.
4. He had lived illegally in the United States for five years after his visitor’s visa___.
5. I intend to move that our committee___Jim as chairman, and I hope that you will second my motion.
A. Will appoint
1. 【D】pension: sum of money paid regularly by the State to people above a certain age and to widowed or disabled people, or by an employer to a retired employee.
Earning: money earned
Salary: fixed regular (usu monthly) payment to employees doing other than manual or mechanical work
Donation: something, especially money, that you give to a person or an organization in order to help them
2. 【B】本句谓语动词是had，两个逗号之间的部分是主语的定语；根据impress sth on/upon sb（使某人铭记某事）的搭配，主语与impress之间构成动宾关系。故应用过去分词。
3. 【C】perspective: a view, especially one in which you can see a long way into the distance
View: what can be seen from a particular place, esp fine natural scenery
Landscape: an area of countryside or land of a particular type, used especially when talking about its appearance
Scene: a view of a place as you see it, or as it appears in a picture
4. 【B】abolish: end the existence of (a custom, an institution, etc)
Expire: (of sth that lasts a period of time) come to an end; become no longer in use
Amend: correct an error in (sth); make minor improvements in; change slightly
Constrain: make (sb) do sth by strong (moral) persuasion or by force
5. 【C】move: propose (sth) formally for discussion and decision (at a meeting) 提议，引导的宾语从句中应用虚拟语气，即(should+)动词原形。所以本题应选appoint。类似的词还有suggest, propose, recommendate等等。