2. Our country had made great efforts to promote the family-planning policy, but___the birth rate is getting higher and higher.
A. As it were
B. As it is
C. As it was
D. As is it
3. The average daily___of fruit and vegetables is around 200 grams.
4. Two officers on patrol became ___of two men in a car.
5. He caused a false account of the event___in the newspaper.
A. Had published
B. To be published
C. Being published
D. To have published
1. 【A】inadequate: not sufficient or enough; not good enough for a particular purpose
Incapable: unable to do anything well; helpless; not capable
Incompatible: not able to live or work happily with sb; not consistent or in logical agreement with sth
Invalid: not usable; not officially acceptable (because of an incorrect detail or details); not legally recognized
2. 【B】as it is表示“照现状看；看样子；实际上”；as it were表示“可以说，可谓”，用以评断自己的用词是否恰当；as it was是as it is的过去时用法，并没有as is it的说法。
3. 【B】dissipation: the process of making something gradually weaker or less until it disappears
Consumption: quantity used
Disposal: action of getting rid of sth
Expenditure: amount (esp of money) spent
4. 【B】generous: giving or ready to give freely
Suspicious: causing suspicion
Appreciative: feeling or showing that you enjoy something or are pleased about it
Tolerant: allowing people to do, say, or believe what they want without criticizing or punishing them
5. 【B】固定搭配cause A to do (B)；本题中event与publish构成动宾关系，故应用被动语态。