A. Is the Earth
B. The Earth is
C. Is as the Earth
D. As is the Earth
2. He’s already several of the proposals in his economic plan to accommodate demands of special interests.
3. He has been by magistrates that he is under investigation for corruption.
4. Talking about that is useless, is familiar to me.
A. Which fact
B. The fact of which
C. Is fact
D. That fact
5. It would seem more to apply standards flexibly rather than rigidly.
1. 【D】比较结构。本题是同级比较，应用as far… as结构，故可以排除选项A和C；第二个as是连词，应接句子，所以只有D正确。
2. 【A】alter: (cause sth/sb to) become different; change in character, position, size, shape, etc
Alternate: (of two things) happening or following one after the other
Substitute: to use something new or different instead of something else
Exchange: give or receive sth/sb (of the same kind or value) in place of another
3. 【D】certify: formally declare (sth), esp in writing or on a printed document
Classify: arrange (sth) systematically in classes or groups
Clarify: (cause sth to) become clear or easier to understand
Notify: inform sb (of sth); report sth to sb
4. 【B】非限制性定语从句。选项C和D均构成完整句子，前面需加连词。A 不符合语法，只有B正确。
5. 【C】insensitive: not able to feel sth
Allergic: having an allergy（过敏）
Sensible: having or showing good sense; reasonable
Infected: a part of your body or a wound that is infected has harmful bacteria in it which prevent it from healing.