2. We have made great achievements, but it does not __ that there are no shortcomings.
A result in
B lead to
3. The ship cut her way __ the waves.
4. This does not mean not ___ what we wanted to do.
A to be doing
B to have done
D having done
5. At three thousand feet, wide plains begin to appear, and there is never a moment when some distant mountain is not__.
A on view
B at a glance
C on the scene
D in sight
1. 选C。consistent 一致的，连贯的，始终如一的His actions are always consistent with his words. ②Simultaneous同时发生的，同时的Simultaneous interpretation in the United Nation is a demeaning job.
2．选C。It follows that由此得出……结论He often gets high scores in exams, but it doesn’t follow that he is clever.
3. 选B。cut through穿过，穿透Let’s cut through the woods and get ahead of them. ②Cut off切去，隔离They cut themselves off entirely from the pleasures and enjoyments of the world.③cut up切碎，摧毁She was badly cut up when she failed.
4.选C。 mean doing 意思着，意味着
5．选D。in sight能够被看见的（有被动的意思） He conceded to newsmen that an immediate agreement was nowhere in sight.