A. The defects are pointed out to the customers
B. The defects pointed out to the customers
C. The defects have been pointed out to the customers
D. The defects being pointed out to the customers
2. There was snow everywhere, so that the shape of things was difficult to＿＿.
3. The ideological make-up of the unions is now＿＿different from what it had been.
4. There is＿＿what will happen to them.
A. No telling
B. Not telling
C. Not to tell
D. Not to be told
5. There was no positive evidence that any birth＿＿had arisen as a result of Vitamin A intake.
2. 【A】identify: show, prove, etc who or what sb/sth is; recognize sb/sth (as being the specified person or thing)
Authorize: give authority to (sb)
Justify: show that (sb/sth) is right, reasonable or just
Rationalize: (try to) justify (one's actions, emotions, etc) by giving a rational explanation for them
3. 【D】violent: using, showing or caused by strong (esp unlawful) physical force
Severe: strict or harsh in attitude or treatment; imposing stern discipline
Extreme: of the highest degree or intensity; greatest possible
Radical: of or from the root or base; fundamental
5. 【A】defect: fault or lack that spoils a person or thing
Wound: injury caused deliberately to part of the body by cutting, shooting, etc, esp as the result of an attack
Sign: mark, symbol, etc used to represent sth
Scar: mark left on the skin by a wound, sore, etc