1. That trumpet player was certainly loud. But I wasn’t bothered by his loudness_ by his lack of talent.
A.so much as B.rather than C.as D.than
2. They have always treated us ____,so we must be generous in return.
A. with an open hand B. with a high hand C. with a heavy hand D. with an iron hand
3. Hotel rooms must be _____ by , but luggage maybe left with the porter.
A. departed B. abandoned C.vacated D. displaced
4. Although a teenager; Fred could resist _____ what to do and what not to do.
A. to be told B. having been told C. being told D. to have been told
5. Barry had an advantage over his mother ______ he could speak French.
A. since that B. in that C. at that D. so that
1、答案：A。not… so much as (与其说是，倒不如说是)
2．答案：A with an open hand “慷慨的”
4. 答案: C
5. 答案: B. in that “因为” “既然”, 一般用于书面语. So that 在意思上不符合此句要求.