1. Ramp up your networking. Join LinkedIn and Plaxo, and ask for recommendations from current and past coworkers. Use Twitter to update the world on your current projects as well as network with other like-minded individuals. Look for local networking groups, and start attending them.
2.做好成功的准备。考虑以你的名字注册一家网站。这样，你就能创建一个给人印象深刻的职业电子邮件地址，并能鼓励人们访问你的网址。拍一张职业的照片。这将为你的网址，你的 广告，或任何其它你所能做的提升自己职业形象的事情做准备。定制印有你的姓名、网址和公司电话号码的自己的名片。基本的名片能够在Vista print获得非常合理的速度。如果你不想让手机在上班的时候收到业务电话，就考虑使用Skype In号码，每年只需花你60美元。
2. Prepare for success. Consider registering a web site in your name. You can then create a professional-sounding email address that will encourage people to visit your web site. Get a professional photograph taken. This is for your web site, your advertising, or anything else that you will be doing to promote your image as a serious professional. Order your own business cards in your name with your web site and business number. Basic business cards can be obtained for a very reasonable rate at Vista print. If you don't want your cell phone ringing with business calls at work, consider a Skype In number, which will cost you just $60 a year.
3. Expand your skill set. If you’re in the right career, critically examine where you may be lacking in experience or qualifications. If you’re weak at giving presentations, now is the time to join Toastmasters. This will improve your public speaking ability and eventually add solid achievements to your resume. Upgrade your credentials. Is there a certification of some sort that you can achieve? Perhaps it is time to consider finishing your MBA.
4. Start thinking of yourself as who you want to become. Rather than being a banker who paints as a hobby, you are an artist who supplements your income with your banking job. This inner psychology is very important to realizing your dream. If you always think of your dream as something you’ll be doing in the future, there’s a good chance it will always remain in the future. Claim it as your reality now, and that will encourage you to take action. If you’re in the habit of thinking it and believing it, doing it becomes much easier.
5.Do something to earn money outside of your current job. Consider consulting or selling your creations. Having an outside income helps take the sting out of a miserable work situation. Working in a job that is a bad fit can be a demoralizing experience. Earning a second income is a consistent reminder that you are able to earn money apart from your main source of income. You may eventually find that you can turn your secondary income into a full-time business.
6.醒目地标示这只是一个临时工作。当我做令自己讨厌的工作时，我等待时机的方式就是在电子告示牌上挂上提示：“这只是临时的。完全是投资。”这是一个家庭办公室，因此我能自由布置自己的工作环境。不过，我建议你在工作时为自己发个邮件，把这个理念传达给自己。你可以发送一个只有自己明白的像这样的短语。比如，如果你想成为一名作家，就发送 一个你想象中的家庭办公室图像或一本书的封面。要保证把它显示在你能经常看见的地方。每次在工作中感受到压力增强时，你都会得到这样的提醒：这只是临时 的。不会永远如此。
6.Post a visible reminder that this job is only temporary. When I once worked in a job I hated, I helped bide my time by hanging a reminder on my bulletin board that said, “This is only temporary. De-invest。” Now this was a home office, so I had freedom over my environment. However, I would suggest you post something at work that will symbolize this concept for you. It could be a phrase like this abbreviated in a way that only you will understand. For example, if you want to become a novelist, post an image of your dream home office or the front cover of a book. Make sure this is in a location where you will see it frequently; every time those stressful moments at work arise, you’ll have this reminder: This is only temporary. I will not be doing this forever.
7.Get busy in your off-work time. There are two halves to achieving a new reality: You must have time to dream, and you must take action. Give yourself time for creative visualization daily. Note ideas that come, and keep a record of these. Make a rule that you spend X amount of time daily taking action on your dreams. Artists produce artwork. Writers write. If you are not taking action, you will not achieve your dream.
8.把目前的工作看成为未来梦想的工作付出的实践。即使在一个令人厌恶的工作中，你也能获得提高技能财富的机会。你的老板是个性急的人吗？这正是你练习与难相处的人合作的机会。看看《神经语言学设计 (NLP)》，并付诸实践。想办法把工作流程合理化。如何才能更高效地处理电子邮件和电话留言？如何能更好地安排时间？现在就养成好习惯，等你离开的时候 你可以带走这个好习惯。
8. View your current job as paid practice for your future dream job. Even in a miserable job, you have a wealth of opportunities to polish your skills. Have a boss who’s a hothead? This is your time to get paid to practice dealing with difficult people. Read about neuron linguistic programming (NLP)， and give it a try. Find ways to streamline the processes at work. How can you be more efficient in dealing with email and phone messages? How can you better manage your time? Build good habits now that you will take with you when you leave.
9.保持一个令人满意的工作表现，不过不要全身心地投入进去。 这需要练习，深思也有助于此。牢记这是个临时的工作，因此不值得你失眠。练习不要与试图触动你的人交战。想象自己在为自己工作，而不是为公司工作。努力做 到表现令人满意，而不引人注意，不过，尽力而为即可，减少消耗你的精力又几乎没有任何投资回报的与工作有关的活动。
9.Maintain a satisfactory job performance, but de-invest emotionally. This one takes practice, and meditation helps with this. Keep in mind that this job is temporary, so it is not worth your losing sleep over. Practice not engaging with people who try to push your buttons. Think of yourself as working for yourself, not for the company. Do your best to stay below the radar by making sure you are performing satisfactorily, but as much as possible, reduce work-related activities that consume your energy but have little to no return on investment.
10.争取获得工作以外的生活 这是在你痛恨的工作中等待良机的关键。 当你在办公室以外获得了积极的社会生活，忍受平淡或充满压力的工作就变得非常容易了。和谐的生活有助于保持对事物的洞察力。
10.Get a life outside of work. This is vital to biding your time in a job you hate. When you have an active social life outside of the office, it becomes so much easier to tolerate mundane or stressful work. A balanced life helps to keep things in perspective.
Employing all of these techniques will help reduce stress while you wait until the appropriate time to change jobs. By taking these steps you retain your sense of dignity and worth as well as prepare for success in your future wor.
2010-08-01 23:55 编辑：kuaileyingyu