Canadian cannibal killer suspect Luka Magnotta faced his first court hearing as early as today after arriving in Montral last night under police escort.
The porn star murder suspect is suspected of killing male lover Lin Jun and posting a video online that shows him having sex with the dismembered corpse.
Bisexual Magnotta, 29, who is also suspected of chopping up the 33-year-old's body and eating parts of it, was flown to Montreal's Mirabel Airport, where he arrived under a heavy security presence.
A convoy of police vehicles with flashing lights rolled out to meet Magnotta at Mirabel airport just outside Montreal on Monday. Half a dozen men escorted him down the stairs of the plane and into a minivan.
Armed guards stood by, while handcuffed Magnotta, who has also had his hair cut short, said nothing.
Magnotta, 29, will appear in court via video conference Tuesday, Lafreniere said.
Canadian Public Safety Minister Vic Toews noted that Magnotta himself sped up the process by declining to contest his extradition.
Martin Steltner, a spokesman for Berlin prosecutors, said Germany's federal government gave formal approval for the extradition a few days ago.
Magnotta's court-appointed lawyer during the extradition proceedings, Evelyn Ascher, could not be reached late Monday.
Magnotta was caught reading stories about himself at an Internet cafe in Berlin earlier this month after he spent a few days partying in Paris.
Magnotta was arrested in Berlin two weeks ago after a massive international manhunt following the Montreal murder of Chinese student Jun.
In a gruesome twist, the victim’s hands and feet were sent to members of Canada’s main political parties and two schools in Vancouver.
Magnotta was extradited from Germany to Canada on Monday on charges including murder and abusing a corpse.
His extradition and pending court appearance came after his devastated ex-lover last night spoke of her horror at falling for him and said: 'He could have chopped me up too.'
The transsexual, who goes by the name Barbie, said the porn star wooed her by taking her to see violent film Basic Instinct 2 — in which a victim is killed with an ice pick.
Sickened Barbie, aged 30, said: 'When I heard Luka was suspected of killing a man I was disgusted and disturbed. I wish I had never met the monster.
'I felt ill that I could have dated a man who was said to have done something so horrific.
'I had panic attacks because he knew where I lived and I thought he could come for me. I forced myself to watch the murder video on the net. 'I thought, "It could have been me. He could have chopped me up like that."'
Magnotta's original arrest warrant cited first-degree murder, committing an indignity to a dead body, publishing an obscene matter, mailing obscene matter and criminally harassing Prime Minister Stephen Harper and other members of Parliament.
But Montreal police commander Ian Lafreniere said yesterday that number could change because investigators have yet to formally question Magnotta.