trust, believe, believe in, confide
是“信任”的意思，指信任某人的内在品质、人格、能力等，也可指“信赖”事物。trust后面接不定式的复合结构(trust sb. to do sth.)，表示“放心让某人做某事，相信某人会”。另外，trust后面常跟介词in,也表示“相信，信赖”之意。
是指信赖某人以致可以与之倾吐心腹话或内心的秘密。confide作及物动词时，常用在“confide sth. to sb.”；作不及物动词时，后面常与介词in连用，表示信赖某人，对某人讲真话。
A forgetful man should not trust his memory, but should write things down in a notebook.一个健忘的人不应相信自己的记忆力，而该把事情记在记事本上。
You can’t trust him to do anything right.你什么事也别指望他能做好。
She didn’t trust in her son’s ability to look after himself.她不相信儿子有能力照顾自己。
I find it impossible to believe a single word you say.我发现你的每句话都难以置信。
Is he really coming? I can hardly believe my ears.他真的要来吗?我简直不敢相信我的耳朵。
I don’t believe in his honesty.我不相信他诚实。
They don’t believe in ghosts.他们不相信有鬼神。
She confided her trouble to her friend.她把自己的烦恼告诉了朋友。
1. Women wearing the gowns were said to look ____ they had just stepped out of bed.
A. as B. that C. as that D. as though
2. Your mother will never see you again if you do not marry Mr. Collins, and I will never see you again if you ____.
A. will B. do C. have D. married
3. The composers soon began to write musical dramas about Bible stories ____ in church.
A. to perform B. performing
C. to be performed D.be performed
4. At least he was there in time to tell his adventures to Jim while Jim did ____ of the work.
A. three-fourths B. three-fourth
C. threes-fourths D. threes-fourth
5. Eventually they went on strike and achieved a reduction in hours to ____.
A. a 52-hour week B. a 52 hours week
C. an hour 52 week D. 52 hours week
6. You want to tell me, and I have no objection ____ it.
A. to hear B. to hearing C. hearing D. having heard
7. “I____ poetry as the food of the love,” said Darcy.
A. have been used to considering B. have used to consider
C. use to consider D. used to considering
8. We have had a most delightful evening.I wish you ____there.
A. have been B. have gone C. had been D. are
9. Elizabeth could not refuse, ____ she foresaw little pleasure in the visit.
A. since B. for C. though D. when
10. For a long while he waited, not daring to descend from his hiding place ____ they should come out and catch him in the act.
A. when B. lest C. that D. where
11. Being poorly dressed can ____ your chance of getting a job.
A. ruin B. eliminate C. reduce D. endanger
12. There is much more ____ equality between parents and children than in other countries.
A. sociable B. social C. socialist D. socialistic
13. After the cameraman had taken two photographs of the ants, he found they had ____ all over his feet.
A. gathered B. swarmed C. crowded D. flocked
14. Larry advised me to have a ____ of brandy because it will make me less nervous.
A. sip B. mouth C. lick D. bite
15. The scientists realized it would be too ____ to lift the ship in one piece because it was fragile.
A. risky B. bold C. daring D. dangerous
16. Overjoyed to see his long?lost friends, Carter ____ a toast to the health of them all.
A. suggested B. recommended
C. proposed D. ordered
17. The whole embarrassing ____ in the bar was a great disappointment to them and set a bad example of English hospitality.
A. accident B. matter C. incident D. event
18. Mac learneda lot about himself from this ____ experience.
A. hurtful B. aching C. unfortunate D. miserable
19. It is hard to imagine a large city without policemen, but such was the ____in London in the early 18th century.
A. condition B. affair C. environment D. situation
20. “Anyone who followed my ____ of rules would be blessed with a richer life and boundless love from his family,”Tom said.
A. packet B. pack C. set D. group
21. Richard asked me to ____ the age of Aaron Copland, the American composer of ballet music, when he composed“Billy the Kid”.
A. suppose B. think C. guess D. count
22. The king’s daughter threatened to drink the ____ chemical if he refused her request.
A. fatal B. deadly C. mortal D. dangerous
23. Frank realized fully what he had dreamed about could not ____ have happened in real life.
A. likely B. certainly C. possibly D. doubtfully
24. The research team decided to use an underwater ____ saw to cut the ship into sections before lifting it up.
A. electrical B. electric C. electricity D. electrifying
25. Our life has but a short ____.
A. duration B. span C. episode D. range