shake, tremble, quake, shiver, quaver
To be shaken before taking.(药瓶标签用语)服前摇匀。
Her hands trembled with eagerness as she opened the letter.她拆信时，急得双手发抖。
His accusing hand stiffly extended, quaking in mute condemnation.他那控诉的手僵硬地伸出去，在无声的谴责中颤抖。
She is shivering with cold so that her teeth are chattering.她冷得直哆嗦，牙齿咯咯作响。
The breeze set the flames of the street lamps quavering.街灯在微风中摇曳着。
subject, name, title, topic
The subject of their conversation was the war. 他们谈话的主要内容是战争。
What’s the name of the film?电影的名字是什么
The title of the article is In Search of Silence.文章的题目是“寻寂”。
Here are some topics for discussion.下面是一些讨论题目。
1. We are late. I expect the film ____ by the time we get to the cinema.
A. has started B. will have started
C. will start D. may start
2. But for sunlight, there ____ no moonlight.
A. will be B. would be C. had been D. was
3. All flights ____ because of the snowstorm, many passengers could do nothing but take the train.
A. had been cancelled B. were cancelled
C. have been cancelled D. having been cancelled
4. ____ seeing the damage he had done, he felt ashamed.
A. By B. On C. At D. For
5. It is high time you ____ that you are not the most important person in the world.
A. realized B. have realized
C. realizes D. will realize
6. These two areas are similar ____ they both have a high rainfall during this season.
A. to that B. basides that
C. in that D. except that
7. If he hadn’t stood under the ladder to catch you when you fell, you ____ here now.
A. wouldn’t be smiling B. won’t smile
C. couldn’t have smiled D. didn’t smile
8. We will visit Huangshan next year ____ we have enough money.
A. lest B. until C. unless D. provided
9. The older worker and the young each ____ their own tools.
A. have B. has C. are having D. is having
10. William told his wife ____ .
A. to have his shoes shone
B. to have his shoes shined
C. to have his shoes shining
D. shine his shoes
11. The task wasn’t easy, but we managed it____.
A. anyhow B. somehow C. any way D. some way
12. Jane has just ____ a letter from a friend of hers in England.
A. returned B. answered C. offered D. replied
13. Mr. John had given no ____ that he was intending to resign.
A. direction B. symptom C. information D. indication
14. As she opened the gate the lion gave a loud ____ and bounded at her.
A. yell B. cry C. roar D. shout
15. He spoke so quickly that I didn’t ____ what he said.
A. catch B. listen C. get D. take
16. It isn’t quite ____ that he will be present at the meeting.
A. sure B. right C. exact D. certain
17. She has a terribly hot temper, ____ she is really kind.
A. on the other hand B. on the contrary
C. on second thoughts D. on the whole
18. Russel ____ world opinion to condemn their policy of aggression.
A. called on B. called for
C. called up D. called off
19. We must ____ technical innovations and raise productivity.
A. speed for B. step up C. switch on D. turn up
20. We advised them to take a rest, but they ____ on finishingthe work.
A. suggested B. continued C. insisted D. persisted
21. I love boiled eggs and potatoes; it’s my ____ meal.
A. delicious B. popular C. favorite D. fondest
22. When we had finished dinner, Jimmy asked the waiter to bring him the ____.
A. count B. bill C. tip D. account
23. Having kissed her son, Eve gave him a dismissive ____ towards the car.
A. push B. pull C. drag D. draw
24. They climbed to the top of the hill ____ they could get a bird’s?eye view of the city.
A. in case B. for fear that
C. in order that D. as a result
25. The members in the testing team were quite ____ and could change schedule upon request.
A. flexible B. gentle C. sophisticated D. shrewd