这种虚拟式用在suggest, demand, insist, move, order, propose, recommend, require, request等动词之后的that分句中。例如：
In many countries, the law requires that everyone carry an identification card at all times.
The dean recommended that she be assigned to do the most complicated job.
She insisted that she go to the south for her holiday.
近义词辨析anger, rage, fury, indignation, resentment, wrath
She reproached her husband in great anger.她十分气愤地责骂丈夫。
He broke the flower pot in his rage.他一怒之下摔碎了花盆。
She flew into a fury when nobody would lend her any money.没人肯借她钱，她便勃然大怒。
The news roused great public indignation.这条消息激怒了公众。
I was full of hatred and resentment for the severe criticism.我对所受的严厉批评感到愤恨和不满。
The Grapes of Wrath was written by John Steinbeck.《愤怒的葡萄》一书是约翰•斯坦贝克写的。
1. ____ the flood, the ship had reached its destination on time.
A. In case of B. In spite of
C. Because of D. But for
2. Xenon has a number of applications, ____ may be mentioned its use in flash lamps for high speed photography.
A. among which B. which C. and which D. each of which
3. Take an umbrella with you in case of ____.
A. it rains B. the rain C. rain D. raining
4. The University of Georgia,____ in 1785, was the first state?supported University in the United States.
A. chartered B. was chartered
C. it was chartered D. to be chartered
5. ____ that is found is valuable.
A. Not every pearl B. Every pearl that is not
C. It is not every pearl D.When not every pearl
6. A historical novel may do more than mirror history; ____future events.
A. even influencing B. it may even influence
C. may even influence D.that it may even influence
7. ____, glasses can correct most sight defects in healthy eyes.
A. When well fitted B. Well fitted when
C. Well fitted if D. If well fitted when
8. I’ll certainly work all next week except when it ____.
A. will be raining B. would rain
C. will rain D. is raining
9. I suppose you are not going today, ____
A. are you B. do you C. aren’t you D. don’t you
10. The size of the audience,____ we had expected, was well over one thousand.
A. whom B. who C. as D. that
11. Even before he got to the chemist’s he had lost the ____for the medicine, and had to go back to the doctor to get another one.
A. receipt B. remedy C. recipe D. prescription
12. Before I noticed a differece, I had thoughtthe machines were ______.
A. equivalent B. artificial C. identical D. occasional
13. Robert is reliable, you can ____.
A. count on B. count for C. count up D. count out
14. For weeks after, I would see a girl on the street who ____my daughter and hope in my heart that it was Jane.
A. identified B. imitated C. resembled D. liberated
15. Modern technology and science have produced a ____of new materials and new ways ofusing old materials.
A. wealth B. will C. reward D. realm
16. There is evidence that such differences do ____intelligence as measured by tests.
A. infect B. effect C. affect D. direct
17. In some small villages in England, tourists can become ____because they do not know that street names are posted on the side of buildings, rather than on signs as they are in the U.S.
A. explicit B. rational C. perplexed D. positive
18. Your nationality is not ____ when choosing a career, but your ability to speak the language is.
A. related B. responsible C. relevant D. reciprocal
19. His interesting lecture ____ my interest in history.
A. revealed B. revolved C. retorted D. revived
20. I was shocked at observing the alteration of her ____.
A. appearances B. aspects C. outlines D. looks
21. A carpenter can work best when he uses the ____tools.
A. fit B. suitable C. proper D. appropriate
22. We ____him out of going on such a dangerous journey.
A. argued B. discussed C. debated D. disputed
23. All ads are intended to be ____, but they can stir up interest and curiosity in varying ways, through humour, information and so on.
A. provocative B. cooperative
C. effective D. comparative
24. No one’s face is perfectly ____ . For example, one eye is often slightly higher than the other.
A. similar B. subtle C. balanced D. symmetrical
25. My brother’s habit of giving advice without being asked makes him seem ____.
A. presumptuous B. premature
C. presumptive D. predominant