It is the first time +that分句
在“It is/was/will be the first time+that?分句”结构中，当主句动词为is/will be时，that分句动词一律用现在完成体，引导词that可以省略。例如：
It is the first time I’ve been here.
Don’t forget, it’ll be the first time I’ve spoken in public.
It was the first time she’d been at a summer school and she thoroughly enjoyed it.
fast, hasty, quick, rapid, speedy, swift
We took a fast train to Beijing.我们坐快车来北京。
Don’t arrive at hasty conclusions.别匆忙下结论。
The tiger took a quick leap at the sheep.老虎猛地向羊扑去。
The growth of the economy has been rapid in recent years.近年来，经济增长速度很快。
His accusations brought a speedy denial.他的指控马上遭到了否认。
Eagles are swift in flight.鹰飞得很快。
1. It was requested that all of the equipment ____in the agreed time.
A. erected B. would be erected
C. be erected D. will be erected
2. The man sitting opposite me smiled dreamily, as if ____something pleasant in the past.
A. to remember B. remembered
C. having been remembered D. remembering
3. I ____him the Christmas gift by mail because he came home during the Christmas holidays.
A. ought to have sent B. couldn’t have sent
C. must have sent D. needn’t have sent
4. It turned out that the children were not ____ for the accident.
A. to blameB. to be blamed
C. to be blamingD. to have been blamed
5. The desegregation was achieved through a number of struggles, ____been mentioned in previous chapters.
A. a few of which B. a few of them
C. a few of those D. a few of that
6. Setting up a committee might be a way ____ the project more efficiently.
A. to be doing B. doing C. to do D. being done
7. It ____ to see so many children in that mountainous area cannot even afford elementary education.
A.pains her B. makes her pain
C. is paining D. is pained
8. Our boss, Mr. Thompson, ____ a raise in salary for ages, but nothing has happened yet.
A.was promisingB. has been promising
C. promised D. has promised
9. He was determined to sail around the world ____ his illness and old age.
A. givenB. althoughC. despiteD. in spite
10. The board deemed it’s urgent that these invitations ____first thing tomorrow morning.
A. had to be put in the mail
B. must be put in the mail
C. be put in the mail
D. should have been put in the mail
11. ____ drills that have no real topic have to remain as they are.
A. Manufacture B. Manipulative
C. Manipulate D.Manifest
12. This book has been in the works so long that I have lost ____of most of the sources found for me by the staff of the library.
A. trace B. trail C. track D. touch
13. The elbows on your coat have worn thin, so I must ____them.
A. mend B. patch C. repair D. pitch
14. ____ and wage increases have not kept in step.
A. Production B. Product
C. Produce D. Productivity
15. People under stress have performed ____ feats of strength, like lifting an automobile off an accident victim.
A. specific B. extraordinary C. abrupt D. abnormal
16. Modern appliances ____ us from a good deal of household work. For instance, the dryer frees us from hanging the laundry.
A.escapeB . benefitC. liberateD. comfort
17. The audience waited in ____ silence while their aged speaker searched among his note for the figures he could not remember.
A. respectiveB. respectC. respectfulD. respectable
18. The disappearance of her paper has never been ____.
A. counted for B. looked up
C.accounted for D. checked up
19. When he was asked about the missing briefcase, the man ____ever seeing it.
A. refused B. denied C. opposed D. resisted
20. Communication between a young couple is a(n) ____business.
A. sharpB. dreadfulC. intenseD. delicate
21. After so many weeks without rain, the ground quickly ____the little rain that fell last night.
A. skippedB. soakedC. retrievedD. absorbed
22. We’ll ____ you as soon as we have any further information.
A. notify B. signify
C. communicateD. impart
23. The fox fell into the ____ the hunters had set forit.
A. bushB. trapC. trickD. circle
24. I don’t know you want to keep the letter. I’ve ____it up.
A. tornB. givenC. brokenD. disposed
25. The old lady ____ and fell from the top of the stairs to the bottom.
A. slidedB. slippedC. splitD. spilled