the town’s charming old English church
a well-known German medical school
the man’s first two interesting little red French oil paintings
bother, disturb, trouble, worry
If you return me the book, I will stop bothering you.你归还我的书后，我就不打扰你了。
The man was mentally disturbed.这个人精神错乱了。
May I trouble you for the book?麻烦您把书递给我好吗?
Worrying about your health can make you sick.经常担心你的健康，会使你生病的。
1. It’s not fair that you come home after a bad day at work and ____ your wife and children.
A. take it out on B. take out it on
C. take out on D. take on it with
2. She put an extra blanket over the baby for fear that ____.
A. he catches cold B. he should catch cold
C. he caught cold D. he be catching cold
3. Our teacher recommended that we ____ as attentive as possible when we visit the museum.
A. are B. shall be C. be D.were
4. You ____ business interfering with my affairs.
A. have none B. have no
C. have none ofthe D. have nothing like
5. The new cut in interest rate ____ promote domestic investment.
A. means to B. directs toward
C. is meant to D. leads to
6. Advertising media like direct mail, radio, television and newspapers ____ to increase the sales of industrial products.
A.have been used B. will be used
C. is being used D. has been used
7. While being questioned on the court, the man denied ____the old lady’s necklace.
A. having taken B. taking
C. to have taken D. to take
8. Dr. Park was accused ____ the patient with overdose of sleeping pills so that the patient’s life was terminated before the expected time.
A.of providing B. with providing
C. to have provided D. to provide
9. By the end of next month we ____ this assignment.
A. will finish B. will be finishing
C. will have finished D. have finished
10. We will be losing money this year unless that new economic plan of yours ____ miracle.
A.is working B. works
C. will be working D. worked
11. It was dark in the cave so she ____ a match.
A. struck B. hit C. fired D. burned
12. Mary will not be able to come to the birthday party as she is ____ with a cold.
A. laid out B. laid up C. laid by D. laid down
13. She often says her greatest happiness ____ serving the handicapped children.
A.relies on B. consists in
C. composes of D. comprises in
14. To make this ____ clear we shall have to look closely into biology’s long history.
A.distinction B. indication C. recognition D. constitution
15. Most importantly, such an experience helps ____ a heightened sensitivity to other cultures and will bring about a greater appreciation of one’s own culture as well.
A. coach B. forsake C. foster D.censor
16. When Ann broke the dish she tried to put the____back together.
A. fragments B. pieces C. bits D. slices
17. Jane tried to ____ the doorman with money, but she failed.
A. bribe B. corrupt C. award D. endow
18. Classification is a useful ____ to the organization of knowledge in any field.
A. means B. approach C. mode D. manner
19. The human race has already paid a heavy price for its slow ____to environmental threats.
A. response B. responsibility
C. resolution D. resistance
20. We have a high regard for Prof. Joseph because he always ____his principles.
A. lives on B. lives up to
C. lives through D. lives with
21. My grandfather accidentally ____ fire to the house.
A.put B. took C.set D. got
22. We enjoyed the holiday ____ the expense.
A.except B. besides
C. in addition to D. except for
23. If you want children to work hard you must ____ their interests instead of their sense of duty.
A. appeal to B. look into C. give rise to D. go in for
24. Basically a robot is a machine which moves, manipulates, joins or processes ____ in the same way as human hand or arm.
A. characters B. components
C.catalogues D. collections
25. Of course, talking about something which affects them personally is ____motivating for students.
A. chiefly B. correctly C. Currently D. eminently