51. Our association, which has consistently pressed for greater employment opportunities for tN disabled, will publish ____ proposals in the near future.
A. their B. our C. his D. its
52. Had Judy been more careful on the maths exam, she ____ much better results now.
A. would be getting B. could have got
C. must get D. would get
53. Nine is to three _____ three is to one.
A. when B. that C. which D. what
54. Men differ from animals ____ they can think and speak.
A. for which B. for that C. in that D. in which
55. ____ he wanted to go out with his friends at the weekend, he had to stay behind to finish his assignment.
A. Much though B. Much as C. As much D. Though much
56. I enjoyed myself so much ____ I visited my friends in Paris last year.
A. when B. which C. that D. where
57. Which of the following is INCORRECT?
A. All his lectures were boring. C. Her few friends are all fond of dancing.
B. Half his money was gone. D. He invited many his friends to the party.
58. When you have finished with that book, don't forget to put it back on my desk, _____?
A. do you B. don't you C. will you D. won't you
59. What does "He wisely refused to spend his money" mean?
A. It was wise of him to refuse to spend his money.
B. He refused to spend his money in a wise manner.
C. He was short of money and didn't want to buy anything.
D. He refused, in a wise manner, to spend his money.
60. They stood chatting together as easily and naturally as ____.
A. it could be B. could be C. it was D. was
61. The following are all correct responses to "Who told the news to the teacher?" EXCEPT
A. Jim did this. B. Jim did so. C. Jim did that. D. Jim did.
62. Quality is ____ counts most.
A. which B. that C. what D. where
63. In his plays Shakespeare _____ his characters live through their language.
A. would make B. had made C. made D. makes
64. The square itself is five hundred yards wide, five times ____ the size of St. Peter's in Rome.
A. / B. that of C. which is D. of
65. Which of the following sentences expresses "probability"?
A. You must leave immediately.
B. You must be feeling rather tired.
C. You must be here by eight o'clock.
D. You must complete the reading assignment on time.