1. The idea of traveling through _____ space to otherplanets interests many people today.
a. a b.the c. / d. one 1995
2. ___human problems that repeat themselves in __ liferepeat themselves in ___ literature.
a. /, /, the b. /, the, / c. The ,/,/ d. The, the, the 1994
1. Acute hearing helps most animals sense the approachof thunderstorms long before people _____.
a. do b.hear c. do them d. hearing it 2000
2. The central provinces have floods in some years, and ______. 2000
a. drought in others b. droughts are others c. whileother droughts d. others in drought
1. It was not until midnight _______the snowcappedpeak.
a. that they sighted b. that they did not sight c. didthey sight d. had they sighted 1995
1. He is not under arrest, ______any restriction onhim.
a. or the police have placed b. or have the police placed
c. nor the police have placed d. nor have the police placed 1995
2. So badly ______ in the car accident that he had tostay in hospital for a few months.
a. did he injure b. injured him c was heinjured d. he was injured 1994