1. Jack ______from home for two days now, and I am beginning to worry about his safety.
a. has been missing b. has been missed c. had been missing d. was missed 2003
2. For some time now, world leaders _____out the necessity for agreement on arms reduction.
a. had been pointing b. have been pointing c. were pointing d. pointed 2002
1. How can I ever concentrate if you _____continually _____me with silly questions?
a. have…interrupted b. had…interrupted c. are…interrupting d. were…interrupting 1997
1. Who _______was coming to see me in my office this afternoon?
a. you said b. did you say c. did you say that d. you did say 2003
1. She managed to save _______she could out of her wages to help her brother.
a. how little money b. so little money c. such little money d. what little money 2002
2. His strong sense of humor was _______make everyone in the room burst out laughing.
a. so as to b. such as to c. so that d. such that 1998
3. I felt that I was not yet _______to travel abroad.
a. too strong b. strong enough c. so strong d enough strong 1997