1. Fat cannot change into muscle ______muscle changes into fat.
a. any more than b. no more than c. no less than d. much more than 1999
2. It is not so much the language ______the cultural background that makes the book difficult to understand.
a. but b.nor c. as d. like 1999
3. John is______ hardworking than his sister, but he failed in the exam.
a. no less b.no more c. not less d. no so 1998
4. Language belongs to each member of the society, to the cleaner_____ to the professor.
a. as far as b. the same as c. as much as d. as long as 1998
5. Western Nebraska generally receives less snow than _____Eastern Nebraska.
a. in b.it receives in c. does d. it does in 1996
6. ______ the two, Bob is ______student.
a. Of, more diligent b. In, more diligent
c. Of, the more diligent d. In, much more diligent 1995
7. She has taken great pains to conceal her emotions, and thereby made them ______conspicuous.
a. all the more b. all the much c. all more d. all much 1994