1. You won’t get a loan ______ you can offer some security.
a. lest b. in case c. unless d. other than 1996
2. _____ time, he’ll make a first-class tennis player.
a. Having b.Given c. Giving d. Had 1996
3. ___ _ I was very much mistaken, there was something wrong with Louise.
a. Unless b.As c. Though d. Since 1995
1. The experiment requires more money than _______.
a. have been put in b. being put in c. has been put in d. to be put in 2002
2. There ought to be less anxiety over the perceived risk of mountain climbing than ____ in the public mind today.
a. exists b. exist c. existing d. to exist 1999
3. The indoor swimming pool seems to be a great deal more luxurious than ______.
a. is necessary b. being necessary c. to be necessary d. it is necessary 1998