1. Agriculture is the country’s chief source ofwealth, wheat ______ by far the biggest cereal crop.
a. is b.been c. be d. being TEM-4 2003
2. Time ______, the celebration will be held asscheduled.
a. permit b.permitting c. permitted d. permits TEM-4 2003
3. There ____ nothing more for discussion, the meetingcame to an end half an hour earlier.
a. to be b.to have been c. being d. be 2000
4. _____ no cause for alarm, the old man went back tohis bedroom.
a. There was b. Since c. Being d. There being 1996
5. The country’s chief exports are coal, cars andcotton goods, cars ______the most important of these.
a. have been b. are c. being d. are being 1994