111. His wife is quite lazy. Her reluctanceto wash her own clothes is a case _____ point.
112. His work is only _____, certainly notdistinguished.
113. Hot metal _____ as it grows cooler.
114. Housewives who do not go out to workoften feel they are not working to their full _____.
115. How close parents are to their children_____ a strong influence on the character of the children.
D. to have
116. I _____ with thanks the help of mycolleagues in the preparation of this new column.
117. I always _____ what I have said.
A. get to
B. see to
C. lead to
D. hold to
118. I am not used _____ to like that.
A. to being spoken
B. to speak
C. being spoken
D. to speaking
119. I am sorry that I must _____ yourinvitation owing to a previous appointment.
120. I appreciate _____ to your home.
A. to be invited
B. to have invited
C. being invited
D. having invited
121. I can _____ some noise while I'mstudying, but I can't stand loud noises.
A. come up with
B. catch up with
C. put up with
D. keep up with
122. I cannot give you _____ for the typeof car you sell because there is no demand for it in the market.
A. an expense
B. a charge
C. a purchase
D. an order
123. I didn't quite _____ to what you hadsaid. Would you mind repeating it?
A. catch on
B. get hold
C. catch up
D. go on
124. I didn't say anything like that atall. You are purposely _____ my idea to prove your point.
125. I felt somewhat disappointed and wasabout to leave, _____ something occurred which attracted my attention.
126. I have the honor of introducing to youMr. Alan, who will _____ you on his recent tour abroad.
127. I have two boys but _____ of themlikes sweets.
128. I like to go to the cinema when I amin the _____ for it.
A. more than to go
B. than going
C. rather than to go
D. more than going
129. I regret _____ so much time and moneyon stamps.
A. to waste
B. for wasting
C. having wasted
D. at wasting
130. I was greatly disappointed _____ thataffair.