91. He knows the rules but does not knowhow to ______ it.
92. He made a ____ inspection of the doorsand the windows before leaving.
93. He made such a _____ contribution tothe university that they are naming one of the new building after him.
94. He must have had an accident, or he_____ then.
A. would have been here
B. had to be here
C. should be here
D. would be here
95. He often sat in a small bar drinkingconsiderably more than _____.
A. he was in good health
B. his health was good
C. his good health was
D. was good for his health
96. He pointed out that the living standardof urban and _____ people continued to improve.
97. He said nothing at all, but his eyesspoke _____ him.
98. He took me _____ task for not doing it.
99. He used examples to _____ his argument.
100. He was here _____ the stroke.
101. He was one of the greatest writers_____ had ever lived.
102. He would try to ingratiate himself_____ his clients in order to earn more money.
103. Her address made a great impression_____ the audience.
104. Here is one of the most interestingnovels that _____ been published _____ the war.
A. has ... after
B. have ... after
C. have ... since
D. has ... since
105. His companions have threatened to_____ his crimes to the police.
106. His extravagance reduced him _____ forhis living.
A. to beg
B. from begging
C. to begging
D. into begging
107. His death _____ with age.
108. His long service with the company was_____ with a present.
109. His novel _____ some light on life in China in MingDynasty.
110. His tastes and habits _____ with thoseof his wife.