71. Fewer and fewer of today's workersexpect to spend their working lives in the same field, ______ the same company.
A. all else
B. much worse
C. let alone
D. less likely
72. Flying in an airplane was once thoughtto be an impossible ______.
73. Fresh vegetables are straight from the______ and raw vegetables are ______.
74. From this material we can _____hundreds of what you may call direct products.
75. Fruit is cheapest _____ season.
76. Fruit pickers are paid at the _____ of'4.00 an hour.
77. Fumes from the exhaust of an automobileare ______.
78. George wasn't in class today, ProfessorBrown excused him ______.
A. from attending
B. of attending
C. to attend
79. Class will _____ at a high temperatureand will be in a liquid condition.
80. Hamlet _____ his father's death on hisuncle.
D. revealed81. He _____ tennis every daysince he ______ sixteen.
A. has played... is
B. played... has been
C. was playing...has been
D. has been playing...was
82. He appeared _____ with our team'sperformance.
B. to be satisfying
C. to satisfy
83. He believed that the greatest of his_____ was that he'd never had a college education.
84. He delivered _____ orders for a Chineserestaurant for the whole summer vacation so as to earn enough money for histuition.
A. take off
B. take over
C. take up
D. take out
85. He does not _____ as a teacher ofEnglish as his pronunciation is terrible.
86. He finished _____ in the 1,500-meterrun.
D. No. one
87. He has been asked to account _____ hisabsence.
88. He has failed me so many times that Ino longer place any _____ on what he promises.
89. He is _____ the run from the police.
90. He is an artist with seemingly unlimited_____.