51. Beryl hardly ever goes to _____ thecinema.
A. neither the theatre or
B. either the theatre nor
C. neither the theatre nor
D. the theatre or
52. Beside being expensive, the food tastes_____.
B. too much bad
C. too badly
53. Britain's press is unusual _____ itis divided into two very different types of newspaper: the quality press andthe popular press.
A. in how
B. in what
C. in which
D. in that
54. By moving the radar beam around slowlyin circles, we can _____ the surroundings.
55. Cancer is second only _____ heartdisease as a cause of death.
56. Care should be taken to decrease thelength of time that one is _____ loud continuous noise.
A. subjected to
B. filled with
C. associated with
D. attached to
57. Careful surveys have indicated that asmany as 50 percent of patients do not take drugs ______ directed.
58. Changing from solid to liquid, watertakes in heat from all substances near it, and this ______ produces artificialcold surrounding it.
59. Charles can't go to work today becausehe _____ a cold.
60. Charles has not the least ______ ofgiving up his research.