31. The project is not compatible with the company’s long-term plans.
32. The two judges concurred with each other on the ruling.
33. His military service was deferred until he finished college.
34. It’s hard to cope with that old cranky/eccentric old man.
35. Overeating has made him corpulent/obese.
36. A series of hard experiences has made the diffident man become confident again.
37. He narrated in his book about his doleful experiences in war.
38. Marriage rolled on and their love gradually dwindled away.
39. Overhearing is quite different from eavesdropping.
40. He heard an eerie sound while crossing a dark wood at night.