11. Kate Chopin, a great American writer, maintains an ambivalent attitude towards mother-women in her fiction.
12. Parks and a theater are just some of the town’s local amenities.
13. Her whole being was filled with a vague anguish, which was like a shadow, like a mist passing across her soul’s summer day.
14. The army annihilated the enemy.
15. The people of that tribe are dressed in strange apparel.
16. The aroma of lilacs lingers about the garden.
17. He finds it very difficult to articulate his distress.
18. The police are trying to ascertain exactly who was at the party.
19. The luxurious furniture attests to the family’s wealth.
20. His audacious action turned out to be a disaster.